This Must-Have Skill is Needed IF You Want To Be Successful in Your Business
If you want to be successful in your business, you must learn this must-have skill now
I can’t tell you how often I see people give up just a little too soon…..They put their blood, sweat, and tears into a project and then let it go to move on to the next venture. If only they’d stuck with it a little longer.…..
So, can you guess what that much-needed skill to be successful in your business is?
The most important skill you need to develop to be successful in business is PATIENCE.
[tweet_box design=”default”]“Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”[/tweet_box]
What Is Patience In Business
- It’s easy to say you need to be patient, but what exactly does this “Business Patience” mean.
- It’s hard to pinpoint it since it is more of a mindset.
- When you should be patient in your business will vary greatly.
- What it doesn’t mean is that you can just sit on the couch and wait for good things to happen on their own.
- It takes some time and effort. The patience part means sticking it out long enough to see if it’s working.
To help you wrap your head around this patience mindset concept, let’s take a look at a few different ways that being patient can help you in your business….
Patience To Figure Out What You Are Doing
- It’s easy to get excited about a new venture and jump in with both feet first.
- That enthusiasm is great, but it’s also good to give yourself some time to figure out what you are going to do.
- Learn the ropes and read up as much as you can about your new project.
- Take some time to plan things out and then get to work.
- Taking that little bit of extra time, in the beginning, does take patience, but it will pay off in the long run.
- Do you remember the first website you created for your business?
- How many times did you have to go back and completely redo or redesign things as you learned about SEO, visitor-friendly navigation, and the likes?
How can you apply this idea of being patient with yourself to your own business?
- After we implement new ideas and strategies, it often takes time to see results.
- It’s easy to get impatient and think it’s not working.
- We move on to the next new strategy and again giving up right before we start to see results.
- I’m as guilty as you are of this.
- In today’s fast paced world with plenty of instant gratification it’s hard to develop a mindset of waiting and giving things time to work.
SEO – Search Engine Optimization – is a perfect example of something that takes patience.
- You read up on it or go through a course and start making changes to your site.
- You optimize for keywords, build some links and get your page some social love.
- You check back a few days later and you’re still ranking on page 4 of Google for your term, or even worse, you slipped down a few ranks.
- It’s easy to get discouraged, isn’t it?
- Here’s the key to making it work.
- Stick with it and provided your SEO strategy (or anything else you’re working on) is solid, you will see some good results.
- Sometimes those results come in tiny increments.
- That’s why it’s important to track as many stats as you can in your business.
- By tracking your website traffic, for example, you may start to notice a few more visitors each day to the post you optimized.
- You may not rank on page one of Google for your chosen keyword (yet), but you may have moved up in ranking on some related long tail keywords and are getting more traffic via those search terms.
- And getting more traffic the end goal anyway, right?
The 3 P’s of Business Success – Practice, Persistence, and Patience
It Starts With Practice……Lots and lots of practice.
- You don’t get really good at what you do unless you have lots of practice.
- What does this mean when it comes to your business?
- It means you should start right now.
- Write those blog posts, create those emails, and interact with your customers. Don’t wait to learn more, go through another course or have someone show you how they think it should be done.
- Start where you are and practice what you know.
- You can always implement other things later.
- Keep practicing and you’ll start to get better at everything you do in your business.
Consistent Practice Leads To Persistence
- Getting into a habit of practicing every single day will lead to a habit of persistence.
- Persistence will help you stick it out and keep going when things are moving slowly.
- Maybe your website traffic doesn’t grow as fast as you’d hoped.
- Or, maybe you’re not getting the repeat clientele you were counting on.
- When you’re already in the habit of practice and are persistently working away on your business day in and day out, you will see results, even if they aren’t apparent right away.
- The key here is to keep going and not give up too soon.
- Stick with the plan, keep practicing what you’ve set out to do and become persistent.
The Patience To Persistently Practice Will Pay Off
- As time goes by, and you’re patiently sticking to your plan, something remarkable will start to happen.
- Not only are you getting much better at what you do, it also becomes more effortless.
- You’re in the habit of doing them and can get things done almost on autopilot.
- More importantly, though, your patience and your efforts will start to pay off.
- You’re attracting a wider audience, you’re building your customer base and most importantly you start to make enough money to pay the bills and then some.
And then there’s the little side benefit of becoming a more patient and more persistent person.
That’s something that will work to your advantage no matter where life takes you.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, you will want to pick my FREE EBOOK: 5 Must-Have Traits For Success HERE and please share as well…Thank you 🙂
Sharing IS Caring!
To Your Success,