This Is What You Need To Know To Optimize Web Copy
Here are The 4 Silver Bullets to Optimize Web Copy by Joanna, author of CopyHackers.com
Imagine you’ve got your standard home page going on — value prop divided into headline and subhead,banner, body copy, testimonials, product shots or product info…..and you take any of those home page elements and apply one of these 4 silver bullets to them….
- Emotion & Tone
These are the “4 silver bullets” that will turn any copy you have on your page right now into copy you can test.
Make a potentially high-converting element on your home page stand out better so more visitors see it.
- Make your value prop bolder, darker, centered in a larger font
- Make the benefits in your body copy stand out by turning them into subheads that introduce each paragraph
- Bring your best-selling product to the front or top of the product shots
- Put your reasons to believe and incentives closer to your buttons and image
Make a potentially high-converting element on your home page clearer, more succinct and easier for your target market to understand.
- Eliminate jargon that means nothing to your target market
- Add jargon (strategically!) that resonates with your target market
- Expand on your value prop so it reads less like a diluted summary
- Cut unnecessary words from your value prop so visitors pause to read it
Make a potentially high-converting element on your home page more believable by using demos and social proof (in the words of customers).
- Replace your subhead with a user testimonial that says essentially what your subhead did
- Replace the copy in your hero banner with testimonials
- Replace the stock photo or product shot in your hero banner with a product demo
4. Emotion & Tone
Make visitors feel more for a potentially high-converting element on your home page or the entire home page.
- Rewrite your copy so it has a more tangible personality (one that your target audience would likely respond well to)
- Replace your site background with an emotion-laden seasonal photo (e.g., snow falling on log cabin in the winter)
- Replace any forms on your home page with “mad lib”-style stories to complete
- Swap standard adjectives and verbs for powerful, emotion-packed words
The thing about simply running a test that uses these 4 silver bullets is that you still want to create a hypothesis for your test.
They’re critical to understanding test results.
If you can’t test, you can always simply try to apply any or all of these 4 silver bullets to the parts of your page your non-converting visitors have told you they need to better understand.
Go ahead and you can make that tweak right now.
Copy Hackers is the first copywriting ebook series designed to teach startup founders, small businesses and micropreneurs to write their own high-converting copy…….you can check them out here.
If you enjoyed this post, and found TONS OF VALUE, please go ahead and take a moment to share…..Thank You !
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,