What Do You Think is the Most Powerful Tool in Your Marketing Arsenal?
Think you know what the most powerful tool is?
Is it keyword research?
Beautifully designed ad campaigns?
(Hint) It’s the driving force behind all of these things…..
The most powerful tool in your marketing arsenal is….
“Sales and marketing are really just about understanding consumer psychology why do people buy?”……says Neil Patel
In today’s post, I wanted to share with you Neil Patel’s 7 psychological insights so you can learn how to dramatically improve your game by leveraging Facebook marketing more effectively.
Download a cheat sheet of 7 psychological insights to develop a powerful Facebook strategy for business.
So, what are the most important psychological “hacks” you can start using today to improve your social media marketing?
1. Kick rational advertising out the window
- Most people are emotional creatures, not rational.
- One of the most effective things you can do to improve your Facebook strategy is to quit relying on rational thinking as your main driver and start relying on customer’s emotions to take the wheel.
- One of the most effective methods is to convey emotion through facial expression.
- Facial expression is the only universally understood language, and the human brain is wired to process facial cues far more easily than written word.
2. Use color to catch attention and convey your message
- Something that many marketers are aware of but rarely utilize is the power of color.
- The human brain evolved to see red colors more vividly.
- Colors are powerful. They’re a language unto themselves.
- Color has a way of communicating that doesn’t depend on effective ad copy or even a smiling picture of a model.
- Choosing the right color can drive up your engagement and improve your Facebook marketing.
3. Slash the price (by just one cent!)
- Have you ever noticed how hard it is to find something in a supermarket that costs exactly $1 or exactly $5?
- That’s because the human brain has evolved to discern the difference between prices based on the left-most digit.
- While the brain may suck at math, this is an incredibly easy-to-implement tactic that can increase your Facebook ad conversions almost instantly.
- Give it a try….Run a split test with differing price points, and see which one wins.
4. Use now as a trigger word
- Your brain is wired for one of two basic responses: fight or flight. (“The instinctive physiological response to a threatening situation, which readies one either to resist forcibly or to run away.”)
- Using the word now is a great way to capitalize on the brain’s propensity for impulsivity and get your customers to click on your Facebook ad.
- Humans are wired to want now.
- Cater to that desire in your ads or social campaigns, and you’re sure to improve your scores, conversions, and engagement.
5. Focus on the images, not the words
- According to most modern studies, the brain processes images much faster than text.
- This means that when you are designing your Facebook or other social media campaigns, you should focus more of your time and energy on the images you are using than the text you include.
- The more visual content you have and the better it is, the more successful your social media campaigns will be
6. Create scarcity
- Ads featuring products with (perceived) scarcity instill a sense of urgency, influencing a customer’s desire to purchase.
- It’s called the scarcity principle, and it will work wonders for your social media strategy.
7. Use odd numbers for opt-ins
- Because odd numbers are, for whatever reason, more psychologically appealing.
- Odd numbers improve engagement, increase click-throughs, and attract more eyeballs.
- Odd numbers just work.
Using human psychology is one of the most proven and consistent ways to increase your sales and conversions.
And the thing is none of these psychological insights are hard to implement!
That’s the power of consumer psychology.
Knowing a few insights can be powerful and can positively impact your marketing efforts!
If you want to see any of the above advice in action, simply run an A/B split test, utilizing the power of color, facial expression, and trigger words.
You’ll be AMAZED at the results.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share….Thank you 🙂
Sharing IS Caring!
To Your Success,