11 Tips to Stop Sabotaging Your Happiness when Running Your Business
Just follow Henneke’s 11 tips to stop railroading your happiness when running your business, and find happiness instead.
1. Don’t wait for an Aha-moment to start your business.
- Instead, build your business tiny step by tiny step.
- Starting a business means taking that first step. And then moving forward.
2. Don’t look for the perfect blueprint.
- Because it doesn’t exist.
- If you don’t know where to start, build your audience first.
- Your audience will tell you what they need and desire, and what they’ll buy from you.
- Build an audience for your blog, and turn your blog into a testing ground, a tool for market research.
- Test your ideas, gain feedback, and turn your blog posts into books and courses.
- That’s how your business grows.
3. Don’t underestimate your own value.
- Each experience, each skill adds to your value.
- Which knowledge, which skills help you add more value for your clients?
4. Don’t chase more web visitors, more tweets, more followers, more email subscribers.
- It doesn’t matter how many people you have on your list.
- What matters is how many people you’re engaging in a conversation and how many people you’re inspiring to follow your advice.
- Enjoy engaging with people.
5. Don’t ignore creative side-projects.
- Play bass guitar, crochet winter scarves, or learn how to draw.
- Make time to play and have fun.
- Because creative side-projects relieve stress, and make you feel more fulfilled.
- Create time for the things you love doing.
6. Don’t skip breaks.
- Pushing through tiredness increases stress and slaughters creativity.
- Keep your energy levels high.
- Go out for a purposeless walk, make time for laughter and relaxing.
- Allow yourself to recover.
7. Don’t underestimate how much time things take.
- It’s the quickest way to burn out.
- Triple your time estimations for new projects.
8. Don’t feel you’re weak because you doubt yourself.
- Your self-doubt is telling you you’re doing something new and exciting.
- Allow your confidence to grow over time.
9. Don’t compare yourself to others.
- Look back at your own journey instead.
- Celebrate each small achievement and each milestone.
10. Don’t underestimate the power of learning.
- Knowledge has a much stronger correlation with happiness than money.
- Our brains have a wonderful capability to learn.
- Keep learning and acknowledge your personal growth.
11. Don’t chase unrealistic goals.
- Don’t think you’ll be happy once you’ve achieved your next milestone.
- Being ambitious is great, but don’t postpone being happy.
Most of us excel at sabotaging our happiness by chasing bigger and bigger goals. But business success won’t make you happy. You have to create your own happiness. And be mindful of each moment of beauty and joy.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,