Your Audience Needs A Genuine Connection.
Your audience is starving for conversation.
If your audience is so starved for conversations, then why aren’t your emails getting opened?
“It’s simple; because most emails are not vehicles for conversation……They’re dictations…..No one likes being talked at. If they did, they’d enjoy going to the DMV”…….says John Bonini , Impact
Here are 4 key principles for increasing engagement with your audience from John Bonini, Impact
- When it comes to connecting with others, modern technology enables us to pinpoint the best times for doing so.
- Each of us has that window of opportunity.
- It could be specific days, times, or even weeks depending on your industry vertical.
- It’s critical that you uncover it, and that you focus your messaging completely around this window.
- It doesn’t really matter how important/valuable/popular you think something is in your limited vision if it’s not applicable to your audience.
- This is why telemarketing doesn’t work. Or email blasts. Or any other marketing tactic that relies on limited demographics rather than behavioral information.
- Segmenting your emails based on previous behaviors or specific demographics can significantly impact your engagement rates.
- Businesses that segment their marketing emails see a 39% increase in open rates, a 24% increase in sales leads, and 24% greater revenue.
- This is one area that seems so blatantly obvious that it’s constantly overlooked.
- Consider using a “branded name”
- It’s the little things like this that contribute to people opening your emails.
- Most of the time, however, we’re not keyed into these small things.
- We’re more worried about the far sexier subject line and the number of people on our list.
- The holy grail of email opens.
- The one place where we get to exercise our creativity, snark, and overall affinity for sexy words.
- Clarity is key here, as it’s our natural defense mechanism for dealing with confusion in large volumes.
- Make it actionable, as people picture themselves doing rather than hearing tips.
- Action is tangible.
- Other things to consider:
- Opening a knowledge gap
- Each of these achieve clarity while also appealing to psychological tendencies.
People like feeling part of a specific group.
They can’t help but search for ways to fill their knowledge gaps.
They have a fear of missing out.
Most of all, people like feeling understood……like there are others who feel a deep connection to their interests.
Are your marketing emails satisfying the needs of your readers for genuine engagement?
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,