Start A Blog That Really Matters
The world desperately needs guidance on how to start a blog that matters!
“Whether you want to lead a revolution to get kids to eat healthier, overthrow a dictatorship, leave a legacy of life lessons for your kids, build a business that can be run from anywhere, land your dream job, or simply make the world smile or laugh a few more times each day, a blog and social media are the most powerful tools I’ve come across for doing so. They change the world every day. And they have the potential to enhance, if not completely redefine, any project that you work on”………says Scott Dinsmore, Liveyourlegend.net
The challenge is where to begin.
Focusing on the right strategies makes all the difference so what separates average blogs from the ones that change the world?
Here are 4 fundamentals, from Scott, that must be followed to create a blog that matters:
1. Have a cause worth following.
- In the words of leadership expert Simon Sinek: people don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.
- This goes for buying into ideas as much as it does for buying actual products.
- You must have a purpose that matters to you more than anything else.
- And then be able to communicate that purpose, that Why, in a way that connects with others and makes them want to join you.
- Not because you believe what you believe, but because they believe what you believe.
- Changing the world by doing work you love, is my cause here.
2. Help people.
- Nothing good happens in business (or life) if this is not the first thing you think about.
- And your Why will guide how you help people.
- If you are not helping others with a massive problem, you should move on to something else, period.
- Nothing feels better than helping people in a way that’s unique to who you are.
- Get that right and anything is possible.
- It begins and ends with serving others.
- When in doubt, give.
- Just give.
- The rest will take care of itself.
3. Write mind-blowing content.
- Nothing experiences long term success if it’s not high quality.
- Especially in the online and written world.
- Standards are sky high.
- If you write crap (or produce crap videos, or whatever your medium is), you will get crap results.
- All the social media tools, tactics and strategies in the world won’t do a thing for awful content.
- The good news is that if you have a deeply passionate cause and do everything you can to help people, the epic content will likely follow.
- Fill your site (and others’ sites, via guest posts) with the best you can possibly produce.
- People will start to notice.
4. Make real connections.
- Just because you’re online does not mean you can sit in your basement and write all day and night.
- The online world runs off personal connections, just like everything else in life.
- Communicate with people over social media, skype and yes, in person.
- Get out and spend time with people in the flesh.
- People want to help people they know.
- Everyone wants to help their friends.
- Go make some.
The reason most who want a successful blog either never have one or it never goes anywhere, is either because they never started or they never knew the right steps to take.
Nor did they have the confidence to take them.
Massive confidence (and dedication) seem to magically appear when you know the path you are following is one that’s proven to work.
All you have to do is start.
If you enjoyed this post, and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share……..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,