Important Key Principles in Content Marketing
The 2 Important Key Principles in Content Marketing
Whenever you’re creating or planning your content, there are two things you have to keep in mind for successful content marketing and those are…
#1 Know the Purpose of Your Content
- All the content you create should serve a purpose and you should be conscious of that purpose.
- Not every piece of content has to sell a product like a desperate used car salesman, nor does each piece of content have to be your life’s work.
- If you’re writing content for business purposes, it simply needs to serve a need for your readers…and in turn, you need to be conscious of how it benefits your business.
- It may not be something you thought about…until now, but if you’re creating content, having a PURPOSE for that content is going to go a long way for you and your business.
- Because let’s face it, publishing content for content’s sake is only going to drain your time and/or your wallet.
Here are some purposes that your content might serve:
- Search Engine Food – Lets people find your site through keyword searches that lead to highly targeted content pages.
In other words, create content on the subjects your target market is readily searching for.
- Word-of-Mouth Material – Content that gets people talking can drive traffic. Whether it’s informative, entertaining or controversial, it can build traffic and readership.
- Establishment of Expertise – Content can establish your expertise, so that people will call on you to work with them. Whether you’re publishing on your own site or being published elsewhere, good content can get you noticed. Put together a report, publish articles, make guest blog posts that highlight your skills and knowledge.
Just make sure the people who read the content know how to join your mailing list and how to request your products and services.
- Reader Satisfaction – There’s something to be said about keeping your current readers satisfied. They come to expect certain quality from you, so deliver that.
If you use content to build an audience and generate sales, do it with some consistency.
- Customer Relationships – Content for customers that helps them consume your products, make BETTER use of them and shows how further products can help them is a win-win for all.
Now that you know your purpose, make that purpose clear and…
#2 Always Have a Call-to-Action
- Directly tell your readers what you want them to do – EVERY SINGLE TIME.
- Calls-to-action don’t have to be a “buy this” link.
- They can be an invitation to sign up for a list, go read other articles, register for a free report or software, sign up for a webinar, leave a comment, post a review, etc.
The point is to TRAIN your readers to take some action when they read your content. And when you have a call-to-action, your content has purpose.
Here are few ideas for your calls-to-action:
- When you talk about a product, link to it. Share your thoughts on the product or illustrate the benefits of the product directly related to what you’re talking about.
- Link to valuable resources. If there is a resource your readers will benefit from, feel free to link to it.
- Linking to other content makes you a source of valuable information and can open the door to relationships with other content creators, which in turn, could mean promotion for your own content.
A call-to-action is not a keyword link.
- In pursuit of traffic from search engines, you might create what is called a keyword link or a link with “anchor text.”
- While keyword links are very valuable, they do not replace your call-to-action.
When you want your readers to click something, you need to tell them what to click and why.
Don’t make people guess!
- Your readers run busy lives and have other things on their minds besides your business…if you have something to offer them, ALWAYS tell them and tell them in context.
Never rely on your side bars and website navigation to do your selling.
People are reading your content, not looking at your lovely navigation bar.
If you enjoyed this post, and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share with all whom you feel would benefit from knowing this information…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!