Do You Know What The Most Important Key To Social Media Success Is?
Do you get it?
How you execute your social media success strategy on a consistent basis will either make you or break you.
Besides having the right mindset, you’ll also need other things, most importantly, content. Not all social media sites are built on content, but most are…..says Neil Patel (Quicksprout)….And when he says content, he is talking about articles and guides that you can share with the network community through your profile on social media.
Here are a few key points to keep in mind when creating your social media success strategy and executing it on a consistent basis:
#1 Decide what kind of content you need
- Figure out what role content plays in the way users interact.
- Sharing good content will help you build up your reputation and make more connections.
- On networks more similar to Facebook and Twitter, you need short messages to share.
- Some will be short descriptions with a link to a blog post, but some will be interesting messages like inspirational quotes.
#2 – Find proven content that attracts shares
- The first goal of sharing content is to share something that your followers and community actually value.
- When you do that consistently, it does many good things:
- Creates, then deepens your relationship with your followers
- Helps you become more respected in the community
- Allows you to drive traffic to great resources
- By sharing great content that others have created, you get all the benefits of sharing content without having to spend time making it yourself.
- So yes, you should share your own content, but you should also share a lot of content from others, providing credit as needed.
#3 – Where do you find content?
- You can find it in many places, but here are three sources that will work for any niche:
- Source #1 is Feedly, an RSS reader.
- You can use Feedly to stay on top of all the latest blog posts in your industry
- Source #2 is Reddit.
- More specifically, you can find great content in subreddits (which are Reddit’s categories).
- If you’re not familiar with Reddit, read( Neils) my beginner’s guide to marketing on Reddit.
- Source #3 use Topsy, which is basically a Twitter search engine.
- Enter your keyword, and look through the results.
- You will see how many other people have tweeted a specific link.
- More tweets mean that it’s more popular, which makes it—most likely—a good piece of content to share.
#4 – Determine with what frequency you need to participate to achieve your goals
- Every network is different when it comes to posting frequency.
- You don’t want to post so much that you annoy your followers, but you need to post enough so that you get the benefits of posting: a potentially bigger audience and more followers.
- To figure out how often you should post, you’ll have to test different frequencies.
If you’re serious about success, you need to find a way to do this
Now that you know what content and how much of it you need to post, you need to come up with a system that will help keep you on track.
The two components of such a system are: its efficiency and ease of implementation.
- Determine what can and should be automated
- Things that shouldn’t be automated:
- Curating content – don’t just share any content. Take the time to read posts so that you can share the best ones.
- Interacting with users – you can’t automate authentic conversation. If you’re ever commenting or messaging a user, do it yourself.
- What can be automated, is the actual posting of the content. You can do all the curating beforehand and then have it posted automatically.
Social media sites are one of the best sources of traffic. When it comes to your social media strategy, pick a day once every week or two to curate content. Find as many posts as you’ll need for those weeks so that you can just schedule them to be posted.
Are you ready to turn your social media strategy on?
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank You 🙂
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,