How Would You Like To Know How To Write A Blog Post That Converts?
Is your blog post not converting as well as you would like it to?
You really only have 2 – 3 seconds to grab your user’s attention and convince them to click and actually read your blog post. So how do you make sure that your content marketing efforts aren’t going to waste?
By utilizing the following 7 tips from Syed Balkhi (OptinMonster.com) that will help you to write blog posts that convert easily.
1. Know your audience
- Before you start writing, it’s crucial that you know who your audience is, and what they are looking for.
- Here are a few of Syed’s favorite resources that will help you:
- KeywordTool.io – a free tool that you can use to see what are some of the most popular keywords searched by users in your industry.
- Twitter Advanced Search – simply type your keyword and select the filter “questions” and it will show you all the questions that folks in your industry are asking.
- Quora – great resource to find questions folks in your industry are asking.
- SEMRush – although it’s a paid tool, it works extremely well and allows you to spy on your competitors and steal their best ideas.
2. Write Compelling Headlines
- If you don’t have a compelling headline, then there is a very good chance that your blog post will not be read or shared.
- Your blog post title is crucial for the success of that blog post.
- It is highly recommended that you run your headline through EMV headline analyzer to find the emotional marketing value of your headline.
3. Add Subheadings to break the page
- Formatting is crucial for blog posts.
- There’s nothing worst than reading a blog post that’s just one giant paragraph.
- Most of the time people skim through the content before they actually decide to read it,
- Anything you can do to make it easy on the user’s eyes is going to help them read your blog post (and take the action that you want them to).
4. Use Bullet Points
- We know that people skim before they read, you need to make sure to highlight your best information.
- Aside from subheadings, bullet lists are perfect because they’re very easy to skim through.
- Here are some tips that you can use to write bullet points that people will actually read:
- Express clear benefit. Think of bullets as mini-headlines.
- Keep your bullets symmetrical. 1-2 lines each.
- Avoid bullet clutter. Don’t write paragraphs in bullets.
- Remember bullets are not sentences. They’re just like headlines.
5. Add Images
- Human brain processes visual content a lot faster than text based content.
- That’s why adding captivating images can help boost your engagement.
- There are tons of awesome free resources for finding high quality royalty free images.
6. Optimize for SEO
- Google organic search drives a huge chunk of the traffic for most websites.
- If you want to maximize your SEO ranking, then it is highly recommended that you optimize your blog post by following these tips:
- Add proper Meta Title
- Add proper Meta Description
- Optimize for Focus Keyword
- Use related keyword variation
- Add image alt attribute
- Interlink my content
- For more details, you should check out Syed’s 14-point blog post checklist to use before you hit publish.
7. Add Clear call-to-action
- The last but also the most important tip is to add a clear call-to-action.
- Whether it is to ask your readers to leave a comment, share your blog post, follow you on social media, or purchase your product, make sure you clearly state what you’d like them to do.
- A good call-to-action is something that’s easily distinguishable and stands out.
Hopefully you found these 7 tips helpful, if you follow them, you’ll definitely be able to write blog posts that convert.
If you found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share….Thank you 🙂
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,
(P.S. – If you need MORE TRAFFIC to your blog…….CLICK HERE NOW!)