The 6 Types of the Most Valuable Social Media Content
We all know, as social media marketers to be successful, you need to have engagement, virality, retweets, likes, shares, and of course followers. So the question is, what kind of social media content will help you to get that, and most importantly, what kind of content gives you the most value?
In today’s post, you will find the 6 types of social media content that will give you the most amount of value that you can implement in your next social media campaign, as shared from Neil Patel, Quick Sprout.com
- Infographics are the most socially shared form of content because they are incredibly engaging
- Since humans process visual information faster than words, it only makes sense.
- The human brain tells us “reading is hard” and “looking is easy.”
- Neil’s Recommended Resources:
- How To Make The Best Blog Graphics (For Non-Designers)
- The Ultimate Color Guide For Content Marketing
- How To Design The Best Blog Graphics With Free Tools And Design Theory
2. Interactive Content
- Wikipedia defines interactive media in this way:
- Interactive media normally refers to products and services on digital computer-based systems which respond to the user’s actions by presenting content such as text, moving image, animation, video, audio, games, etc.
- So, it makes sense that the most savvy content professionals are producing content that users can better engage with
- Interactive content is valuable for so many reasons.
3. Content That Evokes Strong Positive Emotion
- If you want truly valuable social media activity, focus on emotion.
- It doesn’t matter what industry you’re in.
- Emotion is a universal language that evokes similar responses everywhere.
- Neil’s Recommended Reading:
- Connecting Customers Emotionally Using Social Media
- Proof That Emotional Headlines Get Shared More On Social Media
4. Content With Images
- The brain loves images.
- When you spice up your social media content with images, the eyes and the brain gravitate toward it, engage with it, and share it.
- Neil’s Recommended Reading:
- How To Attract An Audience With The Best Blog Photography Tips (+128 Free Images)
- 5 Super Easy Ways To Create Images For Your Blog Posts
- Are You Sure You’re Using Copyrighted Images On Your Blog?
5. List Posts
- Lists and “why” posts proved to have the most reliable social traction, averaging around 21,000 shares per month with a variance of less than 2.5%.
- Primary reason why the list is an irresistible form of content—the headlines are magnetic
- Your readers are more likely to share, engage with, and benefit from list posts shared on social media.
6. Newsworthy Content
- If you’re not in the news industry, you probably don’t want to be producing news articles
- Because, when analyzed according to industry, news articles—called “what-posts”—were the worst performers.
- Only in the news, technology, and entertainment verticals are news articles shareable.
- If your niche is news, entertainment, or tech, what-posts may be valuable on social media.
At the end of the day, you must remember this……Before you share anything, learn what your audience wants and the best method is to make sure you know your audience, analyze your data, test different types of social media content, and develop a powerful strategy.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank you 🙂
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,