Turn Your LinkedIn Profile into a Social Media Marketing Workhorse
How To Utilize LinkedIn For Your Own Benefit
There’s a certain mindset LinkedIn members have when they spend time there.
Other social networking sites have their place and purpose, none of them have the professionally directed power of LinkedIn.
Your LinkedIn profile says everything about who you are professionally.
What you say on your profile will have an impact on the amount of business you do on LinkedIn.
Here are 7 ways from Lewis Howes , author/Copyblogger, to enhance the copy on your profile to ensure that you get everything you want from LinkedIn:
1. It’s all about the headline
- It is very important on your LinkedIn profile, because the headline is the first thing that shows up anytime someone does a search online.
- To ensure your headline doesn’t suck follow this simple formula:
Tell people specifically and in the fewest words possible:
- Who you are
- Who you help, and
- How you help them
2. Get personal
- LinkedIn is the “professional” social networking site, so you will want to reserve the first part of your “Summary” to add a personal note about yourself.
- People want to know who you are.
- Add a personal intro about your goals, what you’re passionate about, and what you love to do in life.
- This small touch of transparency will help you connect on a personal level with anyone who views your profile.
3. Spell check. And then check again.
- The potential for what you can accomplish on LinkedIn is nearly unlimited.
- Make sure to spell check everything and have others review it to give you their feedback.
- This small step could make all the difference in your interactions on LinkedIn.
- You know what they say about those first impressions.
4. Make a call to action
- One of the biggest mistakes you can make is not having a call to action on your LinkedIn profile.
- In your “Summary”, or in your LinkedIn welcome video make sure to tell people what site they should go to for more information, what number to call to get a free consultation, or the best way to email you.
- Don’t leave your potential customers and clients hanging.
- Give them a place to go next (and a reason to go there).
5. Social proof is powerful proof
- Social proof helps influence others into making a “buying” decision.
LinkedIn makes this step easy by providing 3 primary sections to add social proof:
- Education. Adding the college or university you attended provides your education credentials, and increases the value of your personal brand.
- Awards. This section is the one place you can brag about yourself a little. Include any past accomplishments or industry awards you can think of that will increase the value of your profile.
- Recommendations. The more recommendations you have on your profile the better. This is the best form of social proof, as it conveys credibility and authority. The best way to receive recommendations is to give them first.
6. Improve your search rankings
- If you want to get more leads and sales, then the easiest thing you can do is become easily found on LinkedIn for keywords in your niche.
- Think about what people would be searching for on Google to find your business, service, or product (for example, mine would be “sports” or “LinkedIn Tips”).
- Make sure you add your keywords throughout your LinkedIn profile in five main places.
- Learn more about where to include your keywords andincrease your LinkedIn SEO here.
7. Stand out from the crowd
- Don’t join the herd of boring “glamour shot” profiles.
- Instead, do something creative in your copy to market yourself on LinkedIn, stand out, and keep people coming back for more.
- Add LinkedIn’s blog application, sync it with your twitter updates, or include other advanced applications to help your profile stand out from the rest.
As LinkedIn continues to grow in numbers and gain more media attention, it will prove to add more value to your brand and business.
If you want to get the most out of your efforts with LinkedIn, take the time right now to implement these 7 steps and watch your profile take off.
If you enjoyed this post, and found TONS OF VALUE from these 7 steps to better LinkedIn success, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,