What Is Retargeting, and How Can It Help Your Business?
This post , shared from Kim Garst, BoomSocial , will teach you what retargeting is, and how you should be using it for your business!
“Retargeting is essentially a type of advertising strategy that lets your ads ‘follow’ your website visitors around the web. It is an extremely popular strategy that many big brands are now using for one simple reason: it works” …..says Kim
Remarketing or retargeting, when done right, can result in better conversion rates, increased brand recognition and improved advertising ROI.
The following 5 ways from Kim Garst, will help you make the most of retargeting for your business.
1. Target visitors who have abandoned their cart.
- If you have ever bemoaned the number of visitors who leave your site and abandon a full shopping cart, you are going to love retargeting!
- According to this infographic, ad retargeting brings 26% of lost customers back to complete their purchase.
- Try offering a discount or free shipping to entice customers to come back and complete the checkout process.
2. Offer a free product related to the product they looked at.
- This could be a product sample, related eBook or even free shipping.
- The point is to entice them back to your site by offering something of value.
- This can also be a great way to get these visitors into your funnel and email list.
3. Cross-sell to existing customers.
- Retargeting can also be a great way to reach out to existing customers to entice them to buy products related to what they have already bought.
- For instance, for customers who have already purchased cameras from you, you could promote camera accessories like tripods or carrying cases.
4. Reach customers who are part of a limited time membership.
- If you offer any kind of free trial on your site, you’ll love this one!
- Set up a retargeting campaign that advertises to customers who have signed up for your trial.
- When it starts getting close to the end of the trial, target your ads to remind your customers that their membership is going to expire.
5. Create general ads for all website visitors.
- If the strategies above feel a bit daunting, no problem!
- Start by simply creating a remarketing campaign aimed at all visitors to your site.
- Entice them back by offering a free eBook, free shipping, or even just promote a great piece of relevant content.
Retargeting is a powerful strategy that all business owners should be incorporating into their marketing mix.
If you enjoyed this post, and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share….Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,