Do you use SlideShare as a marketing tool?
What is SlideShare?
- SlideShare was founded in October 2006 and acquired by LinkedIn in May 2012.
- SlideShare began with a simple goal: To share knowledge online.
- Since then, SlideShare has grown to become the world’s largest community for sharing presentations and other professional content.
- It allows users to easily upload and share presentations, infographics, documents, videos, PDFs, and webinars.
- Discover and Learn
- SlideShare consists of more than 15 million uploads from individuals and organizations on topics ranging from technology and business to travel, health, and education.
- Share and Connect
- Share the content that matters to you with your colleagues, customers, friends and followers.
- Can be embedded into websites and blogs, and are easily shareable on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and other popular social media platforms.
- They can be viewed publicly and privately.
- Connect with other users via comments, “likes,” and profile pages.
- Have an idea, story, research project, presentation, photo collection or expert knowledge on a topic?
- Upload it and reach a wide audience!
You will discover in this post from Social Media Examiner, the 7 ways that SlideShare can help you generate free exposure for your business and get your content in front of more people…
Why marketers should take a closer look at SlideShare and how you and your business can benefit from using it
- It’s designed to help busy marketers and business owners discover what works with social media marketing.
- There are three reasons why marketers should take a closer look.…….
- 1. Pure traffic.
- SlideShare is one of the highest-traffic sites on the Internet, receiving over 60 million unique visitors every month.
- It gives sheer exposure to your potential audience and SlideShare credibility for search engines.
- 2. Business audience.
- It’s a platform that’s about business.
- 3. Leads
- The lead-capturing model that SlideShare has been using for the last couple of years is a very simple tool.
- It’s easy for the visitor.
“A lot of people don’t always put in the time and effort to find out who they are connected with on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn“….says Todd Wheatland, author of The Marketer’s Guide to SlideShare.
You need to identify the people in your key networks who have a SlideShare account and be proactive in reaching out to them there.
Out of all of the social platforms out there, SlideShare is the most overlooked and underutilized.
Since few marketers consistently upload content to SlideShare, there’s much less competition than on the other social channels.
Here are the 7 ways from David Waring co-founder of FitSmallBusiness.com on how SlideShare can help your business
1. Draw People in With Well-Designed Slides
- SlideShare’s audience expects high-quality presentations and rewards them with clicks and views.
- Right now, the demand for attractive, valuable content isn’t being met.
2. Rank Higher With Keywords and Phrases
- How you use keywords and phrases in your slides can impact your success
- As on any other site, users search for what they’re looking for.
- Make sure they can find you.
3. Appeal to Readers With How-To Guides
- Visual content is hot and it’s not going away.
- People learn best when they can see what they’re supposed to be doing.
- Slides make it easy for viewers to see how to complete steps, go at their own pace and jump back and forth as needed.
4. Grab Attention With List Titles
- Readers love lists.
- If you visit any popular website, you’ll see more than a few headlines that include a list.
- That’s because they work.
- With just one list presentation, you can lure readers in and get on the radar of the people who matter in your space.
- If you’re lucky, they’ll share the presentation with their followers.
5. Share Useful Industry Information
- White papers put marketers between a rock and a hard place.
- If your white paper isn’t packed with information, readers don’t think it’s special.
- If it’s too long, you lose their attention.
- Create slides that include links to relevant sections of your industry white paper so your audience can focus on the areas they’re most interested in.
- When you make it easy for viewers to find the information that best pertains to them, they’re more likely to view your presentation and click through to your related content.
6. Post Presentations to LinkedIn
- LinkedIn is fast becoming the go-to spot for business professionals to educate themselves on industry-related topics
- Anytime you post a presentation on LinkedIn, share it as a status update in both your personal profile and company page.
- Once you add the link to your presentation, you have an attractive way to stand out from other profiles and encourage people to click through for your content.
7. Get Featured on the SlideShare Homepage
- Being featured on SlideShare’s homepage results in a lot of additional exposure for your presentation.
- Make sure you post new content early in the day so it has a full day to be seen by viewers and SlideShare’s editors.
Unlike other social platforms that are saturated with competition, SlideShare is still relatively open.
Create an attractive, useful presentation and optimize it for your target audience.
Watch the response, then try out some of the other tips in this post to see how they affect your success.
If you enjoyed this post, and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share, Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,