The 3 Essential Elements You Need For Growing Your Email List
As an email marketer, what is the MOST important thing you need to keep in mind when growing your list?
It is knowing HOW to get MORE subscribers and keep them from leaving……
So, how do you do that?
The quick answer to getting more people to subscribe and fewer to leave is to answer on behalf of your subscriber WIIFM……..
“What’s In It For Me?”
What is in it for them to join? Can you credibly make a promise that appeals to them? Getting more subscribers is a function of the promises you make and who knows about them:
- Be where your prospects are
- Make a promise, and deliver on it
- Ask people to share
- All roads lead to the opt-in
- Build your sequence
What is in it for them to stick around? Don’t be a broadcaster, become a leader. Why they leave:
- They don’t know who you are
- They don’t anticipate future value
- You don’t fit into their world any longer
Once you have your opt-in and your sequence built, your job becomes getting more people to see it.
That’s how you grow, that is how you expand the number of people you reach and help.
It doesn’t have to be perfect, just get started improving.
Here are the 3 essential elements that you need to be aware of that will set a growing list apart from a struggling one……
“Many people either overlook the necessity or are unaware of these crucial elements”……says Chris Garrett
Essential Element #1 – Connection
- Are you reaching the right people?
- Are you giving these people an opportunity to feel connected to you as a person?
- You need to remember to be approachable, friendly, vulnerable, inclusive, and generous.
Essential Element #2 – Engagement
- Once you have someone’s attention you need to reward them for that attention.
- Give people the value you promise but in a way that is interesting, genuine, entertaining, or at least easy to understand and put into action.
Essential Element #3 – Loyalty
- It is all about feeling good as a member of an inner circle combined with the expectation of future reward.
- You have to treat your audience well while giving them something to look forward to.
Think about the great lists you are on.
How do they make you feel?
Replicate some of those positive feelings in your own content and sequences.
Don’t just build a list, nurture your relationships by being generous and honest with the people on it.
I will leave you with one question to keep asking yourself ……… “What more can I do to reward my subscribers?”
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share….Thank you:)
Sharing IS Caring!
To Your Success,