Learn How To Make Money With Blogging
In this step-by-step guide from Kristi Hines, you are going to learn several ways that you can turn your “for fun blogging” into a “for profit blogging”.
Here is what you need to know to make money blogging:
1. Research Your Competitors
- The first thing you should do when planning your blog monetization strategy is research similar blogs in your niche to find out how they are making money.
- You can start by finding the top blogs in your niche using sites like Alltop that have blogs on everything from accounting to zoology.
- As you browse around the blogs, you should get a feel for whether they are using affiliate links, banner ads, Google AdSense, product sales, or services to earn income.
2. Grow Your Audience
- One thing you will absolutely need if you want to make money online through blogging is traffic.
- You will want to grow your audience across all networks as large as possible.
- You don’t want just any audience though – you want an audience that will be interested in your blog content and the monetization methods you plan to use.
- So how do you grow a relevant audience and increase the traffic to your blog?
- Here are some good strategies:
- Start with awesome content.
- Always respond to comments.
- Comment on other blogs in your niche.
- Create social profiles on the top networks (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and LinkedIn) and find followers, fans, and connections that will be interested in your content. Connect with them and engage with them.
- Participate in groups and communities on Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn that match your niche.
3. Build Your Mailing List
- Just about anyone who is (or claims to be) a make money online expert will tell you that the money is in the list, and that is for good reason.
- Whether you are creating your own product or just publishing regular product reviews, your email list is a dedicated source of traffic that Google algorithms cannot take away from you.
- No matter how large or how small your audience is or how much traffic you currently receive, you should be building your email list now if you want to make money online.
- The key is opt-in placement.
- Assuming that you are publishing great content on your blog, you will continue to build your list slowly but surely.
- By adding a free giveaway (report, ebook, etc.), you will grow it even faster.
4. Promote Products Through Affiliate Marketing
- There is nothing wrong with recommending products you use to others and earning a commission if someone chooses to buy those products based on your recommendation.
- You can be an affiliate for just about anything that is sold online.
- Chances are, no matter what your niche, you can find at least one product to be an affiliate for.
- There are several ways you can promote affiliate products – using banner ads on your site, quickly linking to them in posts when you mention them, and writing reviews.
- The key is to write a review that is compelling – the kind of review that people will want to link to.
- Just reiterating what is on a product’s sales page or taking the “swipe copy” provided by the product creator isn’t going to cut it.
- You need to use the products and write about your experience with them.
- If you have results you can share from using the product, that is even better.
5. Get Paid to Write Blog Posts
- If you are good at writing, then another great way to make money through blogging is by getting paid to write for others.
- You don’t have to be a freelance writer to get paid to blog for others
- There are lots of sites out there that will pay for posts whenever you submit them, especially if you are into online marketing, design, or programming.
Here are some resources to help you find those opportunities.
- The Ultimate List of 100+ Blogs That Pay for Content
- 100+ Sites That Pay Writers
- 45 Blogs That Will Pay You $50 or More
Assuming that you have good writing skills, you should never accept less than $50 per post.
6. Offer Customized Services
- Think about the things people are asking for your help with on a regular basis.
- If a lot of people are asking you to write blog posts for their business, offer a freelance writing service.
- If a lot of people are asking you to help them install WordPress or customize a theme, offer a WordPress consulting service.
- If a lot of people are asking you to help them get posts published on other blogs, offer a guest posting service.
- If a lot of people are asking you to critique their blog, offer a blog audit service.
- The key to this approach is to be open to things you might not have thought about before.
If you’re not sure how to start, CLICK HERE!
If you enjoyed this post, and found TONS OF VALUE from Kristi and her tips on how to make money blogging, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,
Do You Want To Make Money Blogging?