Do You Know The Meaning of Real Leadership?
The True Meaning of Real Leadership is Leading by Example
Simply put, leadership is all about leading by example….that’s it.
Leaders lead by example, whether they intend to or not.
What example did you set today?
When you lead by example, you engage your people to follow your vision . . . not by words, but by action.
Think leading by example is only for top management?
Whatever your position in your organization, the way you do your job . . . and the attitude with which you do it . . .determines the impact that you have.
“You don’t need to have a big-shot job to leave your mark in this world. All is takes is a warm smile, an upbeat attitude and a kind heart.”
That’s the power of a living example.
It can make those around you “step up their game,” . . . sometimes long after you are gone.
Through your words, actions and deeds, you set the foundation for building an environment of trust and respect.
Trust is the key to both managing people and building a high performance company.
It is the foundation on which relationships are built.
Here are the four ingredients for real leadership that leaders can generate and sustain trust:
- Whatever surprises leaders themselves may face, they don’t create any for the group.
- Leaders stay the course.
- Leaders walk their talk.
- In true leaders, there is no gap between the theories they espouse and the life they practice.
- Leaders are there when it counts; they are ready to support their co-workers in the moments that matter.
- Leaders honor their commitments and promises.
- The ability to establish, grow, extend, and restore trust is not only vital to our personal and interpersonal well-being, it is the key leadership competency of the new global economy.
ARE YOU A REAL LEADER?
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please do yourself a favor and share with all you think would benefit from knowing this information…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,