Guide To Online Branding And Building Authority
Online Branding And Building Authority
What is the difference between online branding and building authority?
Online branding is a way to get more exposure for your brand on all levels of online marketing, especially search and social.
Building authority takes online branding to the next level by making each online presence for a brand authoritative.
It goes beyond just about creating a blog or social media account.
The following are ways from KISSMETRICS that can help you build your online brand as well as your authority.
Start a Blog with Awesome Content
- Blogs are beneficial for brands for three reasons.
- First of all, blogs help you rank well in search engines.
- Blogs provide for great content to share on social media networks
- Great blogs can help your brand build authority in your niche.
- Awesome content will show fans of your industry that you know your stuff and therefore are the brand to go with for their business needs.
Guest Blog for Others
- When it comes to blogging, you don’t want to keep the good stuff all to yourself.
- Guest blogging is a great way to build your online brand presence and authority.
- The basic goal is to find a blog whose audience will be interested in your brand, and create a great piece of content for that blog.
Don’t Forget Blog Commenting
- Blog commenting is a great branding and authority building exercise you can do on any blog in your niche.
- Remember this isn’t about link building – this is about building your brand’s presence online as an authority in your industry.
- When it comes to social media, you cannot just create profiles and be done with it.
- You have to streamline your profiles to match your website to promote brand synergy, and you have to interact with your audience to build industry authority.
Create a Consistent Brand Image for Each Profile….
Help People Find Your Profiles
- Don’t hide your social media presence – flaunt them!
- Put Social Icons on Your Website
- Put Social Links in Your Communications
- Make Your Profiles Search Friendly
Get Engaged with Your Followers, Fans, and Subscribers
- What should you be doing to stay active in your social networks?
- Get engaged with your audience, whether its on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
- It is important to maintain an active account by posting lots of updates, and that it is best to do something other than blasting advertisements non-stop about your brand.
Facebook Fan Page Engagement
- When people start engaging with your posts or posting directly on your wall, be sure to respond to them.
- If they know they’re getting response, they’re more likely to return.
- Different types of people like different types of content – be sure to try to cater to everyone by mixing your content up!
- If your brand isn’t on LinkedIn, you are missing out.
- LinkedIn allows you to add a company page where you can post your products, services, job openings, and even send status updates to your company followers including your latest blog posts.
- If you’re goal is to build a strong presence on Twitter and demonstrate your brand’s authority in your industry, you need to get involved with your following.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE from Kristi Hines (a freelance writer, blogger, and social media enthusiast) and KISSMetrics, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,