Because having a social media strategy and learning how to do it properly will only HELP your business in the long run.
Everyone makes it sound so easy. Post a few times on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ , Pinterest or LinkedIn, and the traffic will just pour in.
“In reality, it’s not easy. You need to spend some time learning how to do it properly, says Neil Patel, (QuickSprout.com) because if you do, your business will only benefit greatly with more traffic, more relationship building, better customer satisfaction/retention and better customer service”.
Consistency is key
If you follow all the steps outlined below, you will have a complete social media strategy. If you execute it for one day, you’ll see no results. If you execute it for a month, you’ll see some results. If you execute it for a year, you will see significant traffic. If you’re looking for some magic secret, you’re not going to find it.
If you’re serious about building long-term sustainable traffic for your business, you will WANT to continue reading……
Step 1: Dive inside your readers’ minds
- The foundation of your social media strategy is to understand who your target audience is and why they use social media.
- To do so, you need to utilize demographics and psychographics.
- Demographics tell you the who: Demographics refer to statistics that describe a group of people.
- Psychographics tell you the why: To truly understand how to create content and products that your target audience actually wants, you’ll need to understand more about your audience’s outlook on life.
- Questions that you should answer:
- Why do they want to learn about [your niche]?
- How important is [your niche] to them? (i.e., is it a hobby or part of their job?)
- How do they like to learn? (e.g., video, text, audio, etc., and on what type of device)
- What common questions do they have about [your niche]?
- How knowledgeable are they about [your niche]?
- The only way to answer these questions is to observe your target audience:
- Source #1 – Subreddits: Start by searching your niche in the subreddit search. There’s a subreddit for almost every community imaginable, which is why this is a good place to start.
- Source #2: Forums: Just search Google for “[your niche] forum,” and you’ll get a list of results.
- Source #3: Comments: Find a popular blog that relates very closely to your niche
Step 2: Choose your most effective channels
- Pick one or two (maximum three) social media channels to focus all your efforts on.
- You need to find a network where your audience hangs out.
- You want to match your audience demographics to the demographics of a social channel
- Use a FREE resource like BuzzSumo to spy on your competition: finding a close competitor is by far the easiest way to find the top social networks to focus on.
Step 3: Build a content bank of VALUE
- The more value you can provide, the faster you will grow your presence and you must be continuously active on social media to grow.
- In order to make it as easy as possible, you need to build up a content bank with tons of content that your target audience will love.
- A few examples of content you can use:
- blog posts
- quick tips
Step 4: Get followers or get ignored
- Without people seeing, reading, and re-sharing the content you post, you’ll never build relationships, trust, or see significant traffic.
- The most effective way to get followers is to simply follow as many of your target users as possible.
- As your follower count grows, you can slow down on following other people as the exposure from the content you share will start to earn you significant follower growth and traffic.
- How to tips for how to get followers on social media channels:
- Twitter: How to Get More Twitter Followers (The Ultimate Twitter Tips Guide)
- Facebook: How to Get Your First 1000 Likes
- LinkedIn: The Definitive Guide to a LinkedIn Content Marketing Strategy
- Pinterest: How to Get Pinterest Followers: The Ultimate Guide
- Google+: How to Get at Least 500 More Google+ Followers by Next Week
- Instagram:How to Get More Followers on Instagram
Step 5: Diminishing returns and the optimal frequency to post
- You will have to test the frequency of posting to optimize it for your business.
- Depending on the audience, you might need to share more or less.
- Here, Neil shares some of the best practices for each major network.
Step 6: How to automate for success
- One key to success with social media is consistency.
- The easiest way to be consistent is to use tools like THIS automation tool) (many of which are free) to schedule your posts on Twitter ,Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest
Step 7: Drive more traffic for your posts on social media than ever before
- There are two types of users on social media platforms: regular readers (your audience) and influencers (the ones with the largest followings)
- How do you get them to expose you to their audiences?
- By reaching out to any of those influencers, that you may have mentioned in your post to let them know about it as well as to encourage them to share the post with their audience by utilizing below Neil’s basic template:
- Subject: I mentioned [insert their site name] in my latest post
- Hey [insert their name],
- I just wanted to let you know I am a huge fan of your work. I like it so much that I actually linked to [insert their website] within my latest blog post.
- [Insert your blog post URL]
- I would be honored if you checked it out. And if you love it, feel free to share it on the social web.
- [Insert your name]
Step 8: Track results or fail (don’t skip this!)
- It can make or break your success.
- If you don’t track results, you can’t see what is or isn’t working, and you can’t improve your strategy.
- Analyze overall traffic in Google Analytics (GA): (access MNU tracking tool here)
- Understanding which posts do well on your main social channels is a good start, but you need to make sure that you’re effectively pushing traffic to your website.
A solid social media strategy is not for the light of heart. And executing it is even harder…..so you MUST commit to following your strategy for months until you start seeing any real results.
You need to remember that right now, especially if you are really serious about your social media strategy and implementing the above steps, you are investing your time and resources so that you can get those results.
If you enjoyed this post and FOUND TONS OF VALUE please take a moment and share with anyone that you feel would benefit from all of the value shared within this post…..Thank you 🙂
Sharing Is Caring!