Improve Your Social Media Engagement Using Hashtags
Do you include hashtags in your social media posts?
Maybe you should start because using hashtags in your social media strategy will not only help you to drive engagement with fans and followers, but will also help you to attract new and prospective customers.
Why do hashtags matter?
“Because, the virtual world does not give us body language cues and since social media is social, it may be difficult to keep track of everything that’s going on and it’s important to participate in conversations on a variety of topics and this is especially important when it comes to interacting with hundreds or even thousands of people on social media. Instead of pleasant and engaging conversation, all you hear is noise”.….says Dylan Kissane, (the content manager at DOZ)
Hashtags help cut through all the noise and helps you to connect your business with your audience and put it at the heart of conversations on social networks like Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and Facebook.
Here are Dylan Kissane’s 4 ways that Hashtags will help you to improve your engagement on social media
1. Align Hashtags With Your Brand
- Use a hashtag that aligns with your brand to reinforce the message your social,digital and traditional marketing send to your customers.
2. Choose Hashtags Carefully
- In social media and in life, there’s always the chance things won’t work out exactly as planned.
- Your hashtag could possibly be hijacked, either by another brand or by activists with an axe to grind.
- Give each hashtag strong consideration before deploying it in a tweet or a post.
- Choose a hashtag with the least risk of hijacking, so you can avoid a potential social media crisis.
3. Take Your Hashtag Offline
- Don’t limit your business hashtags to only social media.
- It’s important to use them as part of a wider branding strategy that includes offline and traditional media.
- Increase traction for your hashtag by using it away from your social networks.
- Small businesses can make it easy for their customers to share positive reviews and social comments about their experiences by encouraging the use of a hashtag.
- To gain hashtag traction and develop your brand, take your hashtag offline (or at least off of your social networks and onto your website).
- It can have real benefits for your business.
4. Introduce Variety With Hashtags
- While your brand or business name might not change, if you want to remain effective and relevant, the hashtags you use in your business must.
- Social media conversations happen in real time, and what’s trending today is likely to be forgotten tomorrow.
While having a consistent hashtag for your business is a way to keep continuity in your branding, it’s also important to assess and refresh your hashtags on a regular basis to maintain the interest of your followers.
The key is balance. Keep some core hashtags that don’t change to maintain your brand’s continuity.
Hashtags are more than just markers for your tweets or a way to join a wider conversation. They’re identifiers for your company branding that help you cut through the noise, curate conversations and engage your followers.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…Thank you 🙂
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,
(P.S.- If you have a smart phone, CLICK HERE to discover a ‘recession & slap-proof website’ GUARANTEED to flood your inbox full of hungry, interested prospects every single day)