Here’s How To Use Facebook To Attract Your Ideal Customer…..What You Need To Know
“Chances are if you’re not using Facebook to find, engage, and monetize, monetize being the operative word, your ideal customer or clients then your competitors are”………says Facebook Monetization expert, Kim Walsh-Phillips.
Below, you will find Kim’s 5 Rules for Attracting Your ideal Customer and Leads through Facebook:
Rule #1: Treat Facebook Like A Cocktail Party, Not A Shopping Mall
- Many marketers make the mistake of direct selling on Facebook. (Hopefully, you are NOT one of them)
- If you are constantly posting, “Come Buy My_________ (fill in the blank)” you’re making a big mistake.
- Your goal on Facebook is to build relationships and motivate people to come visit your website
- Remember, Facebook isn’t a shopping mall.
- It’s a cocktail of people hanging out and being entertained.
- They want to spread the latest cat memes, find out where their friends went for vacation, and chat with their high school buddies.
Rule #2: Have An Attractive Lead Magnet To Get Prospects To Leave The Cocktail Party
- How do you get people your website?
- You need an attractive lead magnet—just like you would if you were trying to attract leads outside of social media.
- It IS possible to apply “old school” direct response tactics to Facebook.
- You need to aggressively siphon Facebook leads onto your list so you can market to them.
- Some ideas for lead magnets include a coupon, a checklist, a roadmap, or any other valuable resource your prospects would pay for it if weren’t free.
Rule #3: Make Sure You’re Targeting Your Ideal Customer With Your Lead Generation Magnet
- It’s one thing to capture leads on Facebook.
- But it’s another thing to attract those “tire-kicker” leads that won’t buy from you.
- The key is to be laser-focused with your lead magnet so you can attract your ideal customer or clients
- This involves having the right title for your lead magnet, and the compelling copy to motivate prospects to opt-in.
- For example, if you’re a search engine optimization expert and you want to target information marketers who are making at least 6 figures in their business, the title of your lead magnet could say something like:
- “A 5-Step Search Engine Optimization System For Advanced 6-Figure Info-Marketers”
- See how that title attracts your ideal prospect?
Rule #4: Always Test You Facebook Images With Your Ads
- Facebook lets you A/B split-test your ads. And images are the first things you should be testing with your Facebook ads because they are what catch the eyes of users.
- One way you can test Facebook images is to test different colors.
- Facebook’s color scheme is blue and white, so you’ll want to test colors that clash with Facebook’s color layout, including bright orange and red.
- The word “FREE” will always catch the eye of a Facebook user.
- You’ll also want to test your headline, subhead, and offer text.
- A quick tip: you don’t want to test small “tweaks” like a different word in the headline or a different color in the image.
- You want to test major variables, including different value propositions, different images and alternative headlines.
- That’s where you’re going to see your conversions gradually soar.
Rule #5: Make Sure Your Facebook Ads Are Targeted
- Often times, Facebook advertisers create ads that target an entire country.
- This will get you a lot of clicks but will waste a lot of money
- Facebook provides a whole host of targeting options—including interests, behaviors, education, and connections.
- If you are not using Facebook’s targeting options, then you’re flushing money down the drain.
- Facebook even allows you to create a Custom Audience by exporting your prospect or customer email list to Facebook.
- It will then match the email addresses with current Facebook user so you can serve ads to only those people.
Facebook is a very powerful advertising medium when used right. If you get it wrong or violate any of these rules, I guarantee your experience with Facebook will be an expensive, frustrating experience.
If you enjoyed this post and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank you 🙂
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,
(P.S. – If you are looking for a thriving online business where people CHASE you down….CLICK HERE NOW!)